Welcome to the blog for paula winicur design

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Here you will find samples of current projects,
as well as things that inspire me. I do hope you enjoy it. Please feel free to post feedback,
email me, and share samples of your projects. To see more of my work, please visit my website.


Saturday, August 4, 2012

Flutter boutique logo design

I wanted to share one of my latest projects; the logo design for a new clothing boutique in Pennington, NJ, called Flutter.

Working with the owner of this new shop, Linda Martin, was so much fun! After a successful marketing career in the clothing business working for companies like Macy's and The Children's Place, it had been a lifelong dream of hers to open her own boutique for women. Her understanding of modern fashion, combined with her expertise as a style advisor, make her the perfect boutique owner. She and her staff are always available to help her customers find the perfect outfit for any occasion, no matter what their size or age.

The name of the store, Flutter, comes from her love of butterflies, and what they represent. One of her favorite quotes, which is printed on a wall in the store, is "Just when the caterpillar thought its life was over, it turned into a butterfly." Linda wanted me to somehow incorporate a stylized butterfly into the logo, without making it too literal, and keeping it fresh and modern.

I loved helping bring her vision to life in this logo. The sign is a deep purple with white writing, and the clothing hang tags are printed in a deep purple with stamped silver foil, which makes them quite special and out of the ordinary.

If you get the chance to stop in, be sure to say hi to Linda and tell her I sent you.

You may recognize my jewelry on sale there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment