Welcome to the blog for paula winicur design

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Here you will find samples of current projects,
as well as things that inspire me. I do hope you enjoy it. Please feel free to post feedback,
email me, and share samples of your projects. To see more of my work, please visit my website.


Sunday, January 29, 2012

Paula Winicur Design Launches Jewelry

I have long been making jewelry as gifts for friends and family, but recently I was inspired to try to sell some pieces. I created a few different lines of hand-made necklaces using quality materials, including found and vintage accents, gemstones, and sterling silver or gold chain and findings. I am thrilled to announce that I sold my first piece -- to an actual store -- and an actual customer bought it!

The shop is called twine.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/twine/196407610426772?sk=info

Its a wonderful store in the cute little town of Hopewell, NJ. If you live in the area and you haven't been, I highly recommend a day trip, especially because there are also lots of great antique stores in the area. As owner Melissa Cookman describes it, twine is 'an eclectic shop filled with vintage bits and bobs, cards, gifts, ephemera, accessories... handmade, repurposed and more.' It is tucked into an old barn-like building with beautiful windows and lots of great architectural details, and decorated with vintage touches. (If she would let me move in, I would totally do it!) Its the type of store you could get lost in for an hour (or four). So, last week Melissa bought a necklace from my asymmetrical line, made from swarovski crystal pearls and a pale pink resin flower.




When she saw it she thought it might make a nice Sweet Sixteen gift for someone, and she was right, because her customer bought it as a Quinceanera gift. It makes me so happy to think that something I made is going to help a stranger express love to someone important to them.

I also have a few pieces out for consignment at another boutique in nearby Pennington, NJ, another cute town with shops and beautiful farms in the surrounding areas, which makes for a lovely drive if you have some time to kill some lazy afternoon.

http://www.shoprosana.com/

The shop is called Rosana, and it is owned by the talented commercial, music video, and television stylist Rosana Clawson. In her shop she carries clothes and jewelry from great lines including her own collection. Rosana and her colleague Linda have been wonderful to work with, and are carrying a few necklaces from my asymmetrical line as well as my beaded and illusion necklace line. Here are pictures of a few of those pieces.


asymmetrical green aventurine beaded necklace
with coral resin flower






cherry quartz, crystal glass, and fluorite necklace
with silver chain





3-strand illusion necklace on sterling silver flex wire with
mother of pearl, crystal, amazonite, and glass beads




Hopefully my jewelry will be in more boutiques soon, and available online. I also do custom pieces by request, so please don't hesitate to ask if you see something you would like to order. Thanks again for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! You should open an ETSY shop! You'd do great...!

    ReplyDelete